I mentioned that we were away for Easter weekend. We got home from a three hour drive late in the afternoon Sunday, and I just had to start painting the walls in the dining room. Two and a half hours later the first coat of primer was on, only I could still see all the patches of spackling underneath the paint. So Monday afternoon another coat of primer went on, in another two and a half hours. Ugh, what a nightmare. But then something amazing happened. The patches disappeared. I saw a smooth white wall, ready for some color. It was just begging for some color. Karen came home and was pleasantly shocked. I was so excited after all this work, I waited until the kids were asleep and started painting Monday night. It was 10:30.
I learned something that night. After about 9:00 I’m very slow, no matter what I’m doing. Next thing I know it’s 2:00am and I’ve done the walls with windows, and that’s it. Three walls done, three to go, but this time I can get out the big roller. It turns out that I did most of the detail work, because we’re not painting the windows, just leaving the stain alone and giving it some polyurethane. We’re very glad we made that decision.
No more dining room pics until the job is done.